For about a year this painting have been hanging over our TV. I never felt pleased with it, but my family liked it so we hung it. But I´ve been feeling it wasn´t mine. Not my kind of face, not what I wanted to paint. So some weeks ago I took it down to start repainting it. Making it mine.
So I took it down from the wall. Didn´t tell the family, I knew they would talk me out of it. And then I started making correction marks on it. The proportions was so wrong in many ways. Felt good to being able to see what was wrong.
And then I started adding charcoal and pastels and mixing them with oils sticks. Now I feel so much more pleased with it.
Here are some detailed pictures for you, so you can see the marks better. I like that my support lines are showing through here. Earlier I would have hated that, but now it feel just right.
Love the pastels looks untouched here, and I´m glad I took out my scraping knife to add layers to her hair.
Thees are my favorite marks on the painting. Just random marks in wet oil paint.
Scraping off paints add character to a piece.